Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 1:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: any Aquarists here?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:57 pm 

Just wondering anybody else into aquariums here, I've had freshwater planted tanks for a long time..Image

Post subject: Re: any Aquarists here?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:58 pm 

I have one in Salt Water

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:17 pm 

No but now that it is legalized I have a grow tent and use fish based fertilizers. LOL

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:29 pm 

My wife is into it, so is one daughter.
I have accidentally taken out a few (empty) tanks in the garage with a ricohet, or two (which we never mention). :ANAL:
They are into Lake Malawi cichlids

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:33 am 

I had 7 fish tanks, now I have 2... 55GAL in the Living room, and 15gal shrimp tank in the den.

Shrimp tank is down to 2, not sure why they are not breeding. But gotta travel 50km to a store to get shrimp. I had a buddy that bred them, but his wife, runs a day care, and one kid dumped a whole bottle of turtle pellets in. Killed most of them off with a Ammonia spike.

Well I do got a 20gal hospital tank in the basement ( non heated till I needed it ) The 55 gal was planted, but the catfish like to swim in them, uproot or damage the leaves. I had Co2 in it, till the regulator failed and nearly killed the whole tank.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:47 am 

My current setup.. 66gal with a lobe toothed piranha and a few mixed South Americans. He generally leaves the others alone, every so often will pick one off.

Attachments:
5331BE1A-F465-4EAB-B5B2-1AF017723929.jpeg
5331BE1A-F465-4EAB-B5B2-1AF017723929.jpeg [ 60.89 KiB | Viewed 1198 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:38 am 

I cropped out Johnny Cash, because someone may be offended at the iconic San Quentin photo. Actually my door mat is a cat giving the finger and saying go away..

3 Angelfish, I had 5 ( A koi, and a platinum ) but ones a real jerk and killed 2. I had 3 pictus catfish, but my SAE Algae eater chased it, and swam super fast into the glass. He was my favorite one. He was a really goofy catfish. There is a neriate snail, a Male Bristlenose ( I wanted a common but they get too big ) And some wheres there is a Clown Pleco ( never see him )

Id love a red tail catfish. But you need like 300GAL min. My floors wouldn't be able to handle it. We thought about a gulper cat.. But need to feed it fish the same size. Plus they are 150 USD.